Header image

Better late than never.

Posted by Anna Kate Wednesday, December 21, 2011

So after four months of radio silence, I figured it was high time to update my blog.  All those plans I had to update my blog at least once a week quickly went out the window once I started traveling.  There were so many wonderful people I wanted to get to know and things to do that my blog was the first thing to be put on the back burner.  Now that I have a little down time over the holidays, I am hoping to finally get caught up on all of the blog posts/emails/Facebook messages that I have been putting off.

As I added to my LC roll call all of the university names that I have traveled to since August, I began to really reflect on this semester.  I can't believe that in only four months I have...
made 14 chapter visits,
gone on 2 extension presentations,
traveled to 11 different states,
and MET HUNDREDS OF SISTERS!

As corny as it may sound, it truly is the amazing Alpha Delta Pi ladies that I have had the pleasure of meeting that made this semester so memorable.  When I look back on these past four months, it isn't the states or cities I visited that immediately come to mind -- it's the feeling I got every time my sisters opened up their chapter house/dorm room and immediately made me feel at home...who made me feel like a part of their own chapter sisterhood, even if only for a few days.  These are the things that mean the most.  And it is because of each and every one of my sisters that I've met on the road that I am continually reminded why this job is so valuable and how blessed I am to be in this position.
Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.  -Philippians 1:3

0 comments:

Post a Comment