Header image

Our lifetimes were made for these years.

Posted by Anna Kate Sunday, May 22, 2011

Truthfully, I have been avoiding blogging lately because I knew
the next appropriate post would be . . .

THE GRADUATION POST.

Although the actual commencement ceremony took place over two weeks ago,
blogging about it somehow makes it seem even more tangible than it did then.

I haven’t been as emotional about graduation as I thought I would be.
I think I’m still waiting for reality to truly sink in.  However, moving out of my
sorority house next week may finally turn on the waterworks.

When did four years go by?  When did I become so old?

While I was writing my Senior Will for my sorority’s Senior Night,
it made me stop and think about these past four years –
how much I had learned, changed, and grown as a person.

The most valuable thing I gained during these four years was, hands down,
membership in my sorority.  Looking back to fall 2007, I could never have imagined that I would become the person I am today.  Credit is definitely due to Alpha Delta Pi and the lifelong bonds of friendship that I have made within the sorority.

Four years ago I could never have imagined that I would learn how to plan
a successful campaign, give back in so many different ways through philanthropic efforts, learn communication skills (hello, recruitment!) that would help me in every future professional endeavor, and develop leadership skills that have truly transformed that young, freshman girl into the poised college graduate that I am today.

The list of things that this organization has both given me and enabled me to accomplish could truly go on and on.  So here’s to you, Alpha Delta Pi.  You have taught me how true the words of our Creed really do ring, day in and day out.


“I believe that my sorority is more than a ritual or a symbol;
 that it is a way of life.”

2 comments:

Gracie Beth said...

Congrats girl!

Miss Southern Prep said...

Congratulations on graduating! I can't imagine how different I would be if I weren't in a sorority!

Post a Comment