Header image

Augtember.

Posted by Anna Kate Sunday, September 2, 2012

I originally started writing this blog post when August began... and now it's September. When did that happen?!

Time to play catch up. Here's the quick version:

Spent the last bit of summer at Alpha Delta Pi Headquarters in Atlanta, GA where I was finally reunited with my Senior Consultant sisters and the incoming LCs. After some back-to-back days spent on extension/colony training with the Magnificent 7 (those of us who will be Colony Consultants stationed at ADPi's 7 new colonies this year), I made the drive up to North Georgia for IMPACT Kennesaw State. This was my first time as a small group facilitator for IMPACT, and I was beyond thrilled to have the opportunity to serve on the team!

For those of you who aren't familiar with IMPACT, it's a program developed by the North-American Interfraternity Conference. Here's a little snippet about it from their website:

IMPACT is a campus based leadership institute designed to foster improved relationships among campus leaders through an intensive, interactive two and one half day program.  The IMPACT curriculum emphasizes problem solving, leadership development, values-based decision making, effective communication, and community development. It is expected that change will be the result of an IMPACT weekend.  Participants determine what that change is through their participation. 

I cannot say enough wonderful things about IMPACT. I absolutely loved being a small group facilitator and would do it again in a heartbeat. My background in Greek Life is mostly working with NPC women, so it was an awesome learning experience for me to work with members from all Greek Councils (IFC, NPHC, MGC). I learned a great deal from all the students who attended, and especially those in my small group. I was able to both reconnect and meet for the first time some amazing Facilifriends whom I hope to see again sometime very soon!

Three days after I returned home from IMPACT, all my bags were packed and ready to go for the big move to Virginia! Stay tuned for more details on that in the next post... (hopefully not a month from now)

1 comments:

Megan C. Stroup said...

Haha I do this all the time! Drafts sit in my Blogger dashboard for months ... and I usually just end up deleting them. Bummer. :(

Post a Comment