Header image

ADPi field trip.

Posted by Anna Kate Sunday, August 28, 2011

I am so behind on all of my blogging!  Sorry for the lack of posts these last few weeks.  My year on the road as an ADPi Leadership Consultant began and Formal Recruitment has taken precedent over pretty much everything else!  I have so much to catch up on so Im going to rewind back to training.

During our first week of training at ADPi Executive Office we took a Leadership Consultant history field trip to Macon, Georgia where Alpha Delta Pi was founded in 1851 at Wesleyan College.  Being able to experience our rich history with my Consultant Sisters was so special (and the perfect opportunity for a photo shoot, of course).
Quick stop at Starbucks was a must!
The first stop on our trip was Rose Hill Cemetery where our founder, Eugenia Tucker Fitzgerald, has been laid to rest.  Seeing her grave and the clasped hands etched into her headstone was just as special this time as it was the first time in Fall 2007 when I saw it as an Alpha.  I've visited Mother Fitzgerald's grave at least once a year since I was initiated, and it never ceases to give me goosebumps.

Stop two was the Cannonball House (historic Civil War era home) where the original meeting rooms of both the Adelpheans and the Philomatheans have been beautifully recreated.  Together Alpha Delta Pi and Phi Mu make up the "Macon Magnolias," a term used to celebrate the bonds we share.

Afterwards, we had a delicious down home Southern lunch at Jeannine's.  For the first time, our little California girl (Cristina) tried fried okra and creamed corn - which she loved!

Our last stop was Wesleyan College where Alpha Delta Pi was founded.  There is so much ADPi history here, including a plaque that we donated in honor of our 90th anniversary, the famous fountain given after our centennial celebration, and the founders' bench.

The field trip was fabulous and I am so glad that I got to spend the day with my Consultant Sisters!

0 comments:

Post a Comment