Header image

Is this real life?

Posted by Anna Kate Thursday, July 21, 2011

The past few days have been a total whirlwind. I pinch myself every morning thinking that this is all still a dream. But when I saw all of this on my first day of training at Executive Office, I knew it was officially official -


Nametag, business cards AND holder, a BlackBerry, office supplies galore, my very own ritual book, and the most ADPerfect LC notebook from my awesome Violet Sister! Oh, not to mention my iPad 2 - now known as the "Pi Pad" among my LC Sisters. Do I have the best job ever or what?!

I think it's still going to take some time for it all to sink in, but we haven't had time for that yet! Training has been keeping us busy, and we were fortunate enough to have a visit from the gentlemen of Pi Kappa Phi fraternity Wednesday afternoon. Twelve of their consultants plus three programming directors came to visit us on their way back to their headquarters in Charlotte, NC. We gave them a tour, exchanged business cards (I thought this was really cool - like trading cards for grown-ups)
, and of course we just had to make time for a little photo shoot before they left. Don't worry, a hug train picture with them was a must. Pictures to follow soon, I promise! They were priceless, to say the least. But they left us by dropping down to one knee and serenading us with their traditional PiKap song. These men were absolutely wonderful and we're so glad they stopped by!
PiKap Consultants showing some Pi love! <>
As if things couldn't get any better, we are headed to Macon today for a little ADPi history field trip! We were founded at Wesleyan College in 1851 and our founder, Mother Fitzgerald, has also been laid to rest in a local cemetery. This is not my first visit, but I am so excited to share this unbelievably special experience with my Consultant Sisters. Knowing that together we will walk the same paths our founders did over 160 years ago as we begin our new adventure is just another reminder of why we do what we do and what makes the lifetime bond we share as sisters unbreakable . . .

We livfor each other.
And for Alpha Delta Pi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment