Header image

Saturday statistics.

Posted by Anna Kate Saturday, December 31, 2011

I love having that "me time" on Saturday mornings to sleep in, sip my coffee, and catch up on reading articles.  Today I found myself reading the 2011 National Panhellenic Conference Annual Report which you can find here.  Not too long, and definitely worth the read.

Five months into this position as a Leadership Consultant, I have learned so much about Alpha Delta Pi, Greek life, and myself.  One of the things I find myself most grateful for at the end of this year is the Panhellenic mindset which I have finally begun to understand.  Our NPC values are "...committed to relationships built on trust through transparency, accountability and mutual respect, innovation and our core values of friendship, leadership, service, knowledge, integrity and community..."

At the end of the day, we are all Greeks...and together we truly can accomplish so much more.  In 2010-2011 alone --

NPC Statistics
-3,031 undergraduate chapters representing 26 groups
-285,543 undergraduate members
-105,617 new members
-4,292,824 initiated members
-3,955 alumnae associations in U.S. and other countries
-655 campuses in the United States and Canada

College Panhellenics (422 of 566 reporting)
-909,065 volunteer hours devoted to philanthropic efforts
-908,905 hours donated to community service by College Panhellenic associations
-$3,327,108.41 raised from philanthropic events
-566 College Panhellenic associations

If you are a Greek woman, I'm sure you have already seen this video...but it's always worth mentioning again, just in case someone reads this who hasn't.  Absolutely worth the three minutes out of your day it will take to watch.

Now, what are you going to do in 2012 to help us reach "our" potential?
 -Jane H. Sutton
NPC Chairman 2011-2013

1 comments:

Megan Stroup said...

I can't believe I hadn't seen this video yet! Thanks so much for sharing it. And is that a little Switchfoot instrumental I hear in the background? LOVE IT.

Post a Comment