Header image

Reduce, Reuse, Re-Lilly.

Posted by Anna Kate Friday, July 20, 2012

Crafting for my new apartment continues...I blame Pinterest. I saw a pin for how to create coasters using old Lilly Pulitzer agenda pages (totally plan on doing), and I figured why not use them for something bigger? I had a vision for a large, modge-podged, Lilly-themed piece of artwork to adorn my walls, and today this finally came to life.

I recently ordered the new Lilly Pulitzer 2013 Jumbo Agenda (LOVE it),
so I didn't hesitate to rip out the pages of my old one for decorating purposes.

I had an old Lilly shopping bag still laying around, so I decided to use that as the center of the piece.
Cardboard backing from the frame served as the base, and using (homemade) 'modge podge' I applied the pages.
If you're interested in how to create and use homemade modge podge, see my previous post here.

I have discovered the keys to using modge podge are: use sparingly (light coats, please),
keep a rolling pin nearby to smooth things out, and let dry completely before applying another coat.

Follow those simple steps and...

Voilà! Beautiful, Lilly-esque, artwork.

7 comments:

A Preppy State of Mind said...

Anna Kate! Jaclyn Frazier just told me that you have a blog and I'm your newest follower :) It's so cute! and I LOVE your Lilly craft! Such a good idea and a great way to never have to retire your old planner :)

-Rachel @ A preppy State of Mind

Emily Anne Pride said...

So cute! Love it so much!

Anna Kate said...

Thank you both so much!!

And Rachel -- thanks for the follow, Sister! :) Glad to see you've joined the blog world! I love following your posts on Instagram!

Anna Brain said...

Oh wow! Amazing!! :)

Sarah Smith said...

I'm loving BOTH of your art projects! I think it's a great idea to take things from Pinterest and really make them your own - I'm sure your new apartment will be full of personality :)

Anna Kate said...

Thank you, Anna and Sarah! I am definitely having fun creating things for my new apartment. :)

Katherine Diane said...

I am in love with this! So cute. I have two old Lilly Planners and I can't seem to get rid of them... I should do this. :)

Post a Comment