Header image

An appreciative mindset.

Posted by Anna Kate Sunday, July 17, 2011

When I'm at home, I work here!
Last week at work, I spent two days writing thank you letters.  That was literally all I did for the entire day on Monday.  Writing these thank you letters was a priority, and expressing appreciation to our supporters is crucial to our business.

It made me stop and think – is showing appreciation a top priority in my own life?  As I sat there writing, I couldn’t help but to recall the two or three thank you notes that I had left unwritten.  Showing appreciation for others more was one of my New Year’s Resolutions, and although I have improved, I still have a long way to go.

It is so simple for me to sit down at work and write countless thank you notes, so why is it so difficult for me to do in my personal life?  It often seems like just another task I tack on the end of my to do list, but it should really be more of a way of life than a duty.


“Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone.” -Gladys B. Stern
via
This quote by Gladys B. Stern is so true and it always reminds me of the importance to stop and repay kindness to others.  Two words that are so easy to stop and say, but are more often than not neglected.

THANK YOU.

Hopefully keeping a mental tally of how many times I use these two words in a week will help me move  towards a more appreciative mindset.

0 comments:

Post a Comment