Header image

Pecan pie cookies.

Posted by Anna Kate Monday, July 18, 2011

I mentioned yesterday on my post that I work at the Georgia Pecan Growers Association when I’m at home.  One of my “fun facts” that I shared with the other LCs was that I can rattle off lots of useless information about pecans.  (How many pecans are used to make a pecan pie?  About 78.)  I am always looking for recipes that use pecans for our magazine at work – The Pecan Grower.  I came across this recipe for Pecan Pie Cookies and they looked so delicious I just had to try it for myself!  I made this batch today as a yummy treat for my Consultant Sisters tomorrow when we move into ADPi Headquarters!

For the cookies, you will need –
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
¾ cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder

 
Combine all cookie ingredients except flour and baking powder in a large bowl.

Beat at medium speed until creamy.  Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking powder.  Beat until well mixed.


Shape dough into 1-1/4 inch balls and place 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.



 


Make indentation in each cookie with thumb;
rotate thumb to hollow out slightly.





Now, for the filling you will need –
1 cup chopped pecans
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla




Combine all filling ingredients in small bowl;
fill each cookie with 1 rounded tsp.





Bake on 350-degrees for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.


Enjoy!

*You might enjoy them more if you DON’T look at the Nutrition Facts, but here they are –
(1 cookie): Calories: 130, Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 50mg,
Carbohydrates: 15g, Dietary Fiber: <1g, Protein: 1g

5 comments:

Cristina Perez said...

These look amazing! Can't wait to try them and to see you tomorrow!!!

:)

sSe said...

These bad boys look amazing!

dcgirlinpearls said...

Yum! I love baking so I can't wait to try this recipe out!

Red Hill General Store said...

Wow, this recipe looks delicious. So glad to have stumbled across your site!

Southern Sweeties said...

These were great!!! Easy to make and so much like Pecan Pie. Thank you adpi sister :)

Post a Comment