Header image

The waiting game.

Posted by Anna Kate Saturday, July 9, 2011

Now, for the next 10 or so days, I begin the countdown – anxiously crossing off days in my Lilly planner getting closer to July 19th.  We got the official word from the boss this week that we would be moving in on that Tuesday.  Hooray!  And move we will, to Alpha Delta Pi Memorial Headquarters off Ponce de Leon Avenue in Atlanta, GA where the incoming Leadership Consultants will train for 3 ½ weeks at Executive Office.
Alpha Delta Pi Memorial Headquarters
Since I only live in South Georgia my parents will be driving me up that day, but I thought the responses from my Consultant Sisters about our arrival was much more interesting . . .
“Did anyone else think it was weird to get a one-way ticket?
I’ve never gotten a one-way ticket before!”

It’s still hard for all of us to believe that when we begin packing for the big move, that we really are packing for good – literally months on the road.  And your guess at where we might be going is as good as ours at this point!  We will receive our travel schedules for the month of August at the end of July.  Just thinking about it makes me anxious!  I am so excited to begin serving my sorority as a Leadership Consultant and it still seems too good to be true.  And just when I thought things couldn’t get any better after I got the job, I met my Consultant Sisters at realized it could.  Can’t wait to reunite with these girls in less than two weeks!

2011-2012 Alpha Delta Pi Leadership Consultants
From the left:
Brett PattersonEta Upsilon, Wake Forest University
Ashley TrefneyZeta Upsilon, Oakland University
Haley MaynardGamma Kappa, West Virginia Wesleyan University
Sarah Steele BanksEpsilon Pi, GA Southern & Beta Nu, University of Georgia
Anna Kate Sumler (That's me!) Zeta Iota, Georgia College & State University
Andrea FarnanAlpha Pi, The George Washington University
Cristina Perez Zeta Alpha, California State University Fullerton

0 comments:

Post a Comment